Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Project # 16: Teaching and Technology: My Philosophy

If you would have asked me months ago before I completed this course about using technology in my future classroom my immediate response would have been no. I saw no need for it, and I was not aware of the beneficial factors it brings to a classroom and to learning. Now that I have been able to research and witness technology being used in the classroom my answer to that same question would be absolutely, without a doubt!

little girl with a laptop
Technology has come a very long way over the past several years, and it is going to continue to. Our students need to be actively engaged in learning and technology allows that. I feel that as a future teacher technology is a huge asset in developing a functional community of learners. The use of technology offers so many benefits to your classroom. It allows for your students to stay focused longer, they are also more engaged in the lesson because they enjoy using computers and iPads versus books. To me the biggest benefit technology brings is that it allows for students to be able to learn at their own pace allowing the student to become more self- directed which gives the teacher more time to accomplish classroom objectives.  This class has taught me a variety of ways to incorporate technology into my future classroom, and my most favored would be a class blog. I enjoy writing and expressing whats on my mind, and I want my students to find a love for that too. I want them to actually take pride in the work they create knowing that it will be published world wide. We teachers need to stop under estimating the power of technology being used in the classroom and just try it. A successful classroom is a classroom that incorporates technology.
There are many benefits of using technology in the classroom, especially as students become increasingly digitally literate. The shift in worldwide computer usage and the need for computer skills in today's workforce have pushed the United States government to create guidelines, such as the Core Curriculum Content Standards, for educators to ensure that students are prepared to

Source: Boundless. “Advantages of Using Technology in the Classroom.” Boundless Education. Boundless, 14 Nov. 2014. Retrieved 22 Apr. 2015 from https://www.boundless.com/education/textbooks/boundless-education-textbook/technology-in-the-classroom-6/edtech-25/advantages-of-using-technology-in-the-classroom-77-13007/
There are many benefits of using technology in the classroom, especially as students become increasingly digitally literate. The shift in worldwide computer usage and the need for computer skills in today's workforce have pushed the United States government to create guidelines, such as the Core Curriculum Content Standards, for educators to ensure that students are prepared to

Source: Boundless. “Advantages of Using Technology in the Classroom.” Boundless Education. Boundless, 14 Nov. 2014. Retrieved 22 Apr. 2015 from https://www.boundless.com/education/textbooks/boundless-education-textbook/technology-in-the-classroom-6/edtech-25/advantages-of-using-technology-in-the-classroom-77-13007/

No comments:

Post a Comment