Thursday, April 9, 2015

C4T #3: Quantum Progress

C4T #3 - Post 1: Best Class Ever - When I Leave the Room

In this post John Burke, a High School Physics teacher, shares a video of what happens when he leaves his class with a challenging problem while he goes to attend a meeting. He gets out of the meeting early and listens at the conversations that the students are having without them being able to see him. He is in shock at how much thought and effort they are putting in without out him there to hover. It makes him realize that the teacher doesn't always need to be in the lead, it is good for students to work to figure things out on their own or with the help of a classmate.

My comment to John Burke:

Hi John!
I’m Johanna Logan. I’m currently studying Elementary Education at the University of South Alabama. I loved this post! I was in awe while watching the video. Seeing the kids collaborate when you left the room shows just how important it is for the students to be able to work alone for a portion of the class; we as teachers don’t always need to be in the lead.
Thank you for sharing!
If you ever have some free time you should go take a look at my blog.
Johanna’s Blog

– Johanna Logan

C4T #4 - Post 2: Back to Blogging With My Best Class Ever

In this post John Burke, a High School Physics teacher, shares a video of him letting his students collaboratively working together to solve a stage 4 Physics problem. He leads them in the direction they need so when it comes time to solve the problem they know everything they need to solve it. These students work so well together and you can see that they are engaging in what they are learning.

My comment to John Burke:


Mr. Burke,
I’m Johanna Logan. I’m currently a student at the University of South Alabama as an Elementary Education major.
I think it is awesome that you are allowing your students to work collaboratively to solve the problems. We as teachers need to remember that sometimes students need to be able to work it out on their own and not constantly be assisted. I enjoyed watching your videos, it was neat to see the kids in action.
Thank you for sharing!
If you ever have free time you should visit my blog.
Johanna’s Blog
– Johanna Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment