Thursday, March 26, 2015

Blog Post #10: What can we learn from Ms. Cassidy?

A girl in awe of the tablet she is using in her class.In the video Little Kids...Big Potential it was obvious that the students in Ms. Cassidy's class enjoyed learning in a technology based atmosphere. I think it is so rewarding all the things these students are being allowed to do and that they are learning in the process. I often wish that growing up I would have been in classrooms that incorporated this much use of technology, and since I wasn't it makes me so eager to have a classroom of my own so that I can present students with this opportunity. Ms. Cassidy has taught me the importance of technology inside the classroom. In the Interview with Kathy Cassidy Part 1 Ms. Cassidy explains that we cannot continue to teach the children of this generation the way we taught kids 10 or 20 years ago. Technology in the world today is changing and so therefor so is learning. By not allowing your students to have this opportunity and not giving them access to theses tools you are not only handicapping them, but you as a teacher as well. I personally love the use of blogs in the classrrom, I feel that having an audience to wrtie to makes the writting expereince that much more enjoyable. I also enjoyed the part in the Interview with Kathy Cassidy Part 3, where she let her students create a class Facebook paeg. I felt that that was a great use of social media in the classroom. and  Kids enjoy technology and if we as teachers begin to incorporate it in our lessons, the children are going to be more excited to learn. A successful learning experience is what we want and with the use of technology we will find that.

No comments:

Post a Comment